Download the press clippingDOWNLOAD
Visit our Youtube ChannelYOUTUBE CHANNEL
STUDIES AND RELATED ARTICLES
– Evidence on the effectiveness of telerehabilitation applications” – Institute of Health Economics Alberta, Canada. Download
– How video gaming can be beneficial for the brain Read article
– Evidence of benefit from telerehabilitation in routine care: a systematic review – J Telemed Telecare September 2011. Available at: jtt.sagepub.com
– TeleRHB: Telerehabilitación en personas mayors – Fundación BIT. Available at: es.scribd.com
– Play for health (P4H): una nueva herramienta en telerehabilitación. Available at: www.sciencedirect.com
– The economics of telerehabilitation – Telemedicinie journal and ehealth. Available at: www.ncbi.nlm.gov
– Activity-promoting gaming systems in exercise and rehabilitation (Journal of Rehabilitation Research & Development). Available at www.ncbi.nlm.gov
Do I need an Internet connection?
Virtualrehab uses Microsoft® Azure technology, so an Internet connection is essential to log in and to start using CLOUD (SaaS) Version. Nevertheless, using OnPremise Version, the product can be hosted on a local server with a customized installation.
Does it have scientific support?
Virtualrehab has been tested with 25 patients, in order to evaluate the efficiency and validity for its use in physical rehabilitation. The scientific article will be published soon.
Why use the Kinect for virtual rehabilitation?
Kinect is a motion sensing input device developed by Microsoft initially for the Xbox 360 video game console. Based around a webcam-style add-on peripheral, it enables users to control and interact with the Xbox 360 without the need to touch a game controller, through a natural user interface using gestures. Microsoft later released Kinect software development kit for Windows, the perfect combination for using VirtualRehab.
What do I need to start virtual rehabilitation?
To use VirtualRehab, you just need a Microsoft® Kinect ® Xbox One and USB Adapter for Windows, a PC with Windows, and internet connection
What are the PC minimum requirements?
For the proper functioning of VirtualRehab Body Games, these are the characteristics required:
– i5 processor or better dual-core 3.1 GHz or faster)
– Dedicated graphics card that supports DirectX 11 with 1 Gb memory or better
– Windows 8 or 8.1, or Windows Embedded 8 (or superior)
– 4 GB of RAM (or better)
– USB 3.0 controller dedicated to the Kinect.
What VirtualRehab exercises?
Virtualrehab provides active exercises for functional training, improving: spacity, equilibrium, coordination, weakness, fatigue.
What do I need to install VirtualRehab?
The installation process is very simple, you will simply need to download the game, and connect the Microsoft® Kinect ® for Windows to your computer, then log in with your username and password.
Who can offer it?
Virtualrehab is meant for clinical use so it is directed to physical rehabilitation professionals. The system trains motor movements so it has to be used and monitored under medical supervision.
How secure is my data on VirtualRehab?
VirtualRehab uses Microsoft ® Azure technology so all data is hosted on Microsoft Server. It uses standard policies to ensure that our customer’s data is protected. Further info at: www.microsoft.com.
Can I buy it out of Spain?
Virtualrehab can be acquired all around the world. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or our dealers.
What is Saas?
Software as a service is a software delivery model in which software and associated data are centrally hosted on the cloud. SaaS is typically accessed by users using a thin client via a web browser.
What is the difference between VirtualRehab and other games?
VirtualRehab has been designed by a multidisciplinary team formed by health professionals including neurologists and physiotherapists. What separates our product from other games is that the movements which are implied in the game have been specifically recommended by specialists in this field. VirtualRehab also includes tools that permit an analysis, evaluation and tracking method that allows to confirm the efficiency of the treatment through graphics, lists and reports.
What should I do if I have any problem?
Our technical support team will be able to resolve all your queries. Through the clients’ Intranet any incidents are registered in real time to help resolve issues as quickly as possible.
“Evidence on the effectiveness of telerehabilitation applications” – Institute of Health Economics Alberta, Canada
“Playing Super Mario induces structural brain plasticity: Grey matter changes resulting from training with a commercial video game” Molecular Psychiatry
“Evidence of benefit from telerehabilitation in routine care: a systematic review” – J Telemed Telecare
“TeleRHB: Telerehabilitación en personas mayores” (spanish) – Fundación BIT
“The economics of telerehabilitation” – Telemedicinie journal and ehealth 2004
“Activity-promoting gaming systems in exercise and rehabilitation” (Journal of Rehabilitation Research & Development)